HBS Israel Application Guidelines* Our funding process for 2013 is closed. Information regarding our 2014 funding process will be posted shortly.
The Heinrich-Boell-Stiftung in Israel supports activities of non-governmental organizations working inside Israel within four areas:
- Environmental Justice and Sustainable Development
- Women's Rights and Gender Democracy
- Civil Society and Democratic Participation
- Foreign relations and dialogue
The Heinrich Boell Stiftung particularly encourages programs that:
- Educate and empower
- Engage with decision makers on the local and national levels
- Include marginalized communities and promote public participation
- Build bridges among diverse members of society and include diverse target groups in personnel and programs
- Integrate social, environmental and economic justice
- Incorporate gender considerations in the different activities
- Promote gender equality
- Incorporate environmentally friendly methods and practices
- Collaborate with other organizations and sectors to maximize impact
The process for applications is as follows: * Our funding process for 2013 is closed. Information regarding our 2014 funding process will be posted shortly.
Please note that our portfolio for Environmental Justice and Sustainable Development is full for 2013. Additional pre-proposals will not be accepted in this component for 2013.
Our focus for the Civil Society and Democratic Participation component in 2013 will be in the areas of strengthening civil rights and the democratic fabric of Israeli society vis-à-vis the political culture and building a shared society for all citizens of Israel.
For the Women’s Rights and Gender Democracy component, we welcome proposals that promote access of women from diverse backgrounds to participate in and influence decision-making processes in Israel, projects that seek to address Gender Mainstreaming in Israel in practice and policy making, as well as projects that promote the rights of the LGBTIQ community.
1. For new requests - please submit a 2 page preliminary proposal in either English or Hebrew briefly describing the history of the organization, goals, problem to be addressed, and proposed project. Please make sure to include contact information. Preliminary proposals may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st, 2012.
2. HBS staff will contact you with confirmation as to whether or not you should submit a formal proposal by July 10th, 2012.
3. For organizations that have received an invitation to submit a formal request - Please submit a proposal of no more than 6 pages with the following information:
- Cover sheet: Date, name of organization, project title, name, email, phone and fax number of contact person
- Organizational background: Year of establishment, goals, activities, beneficiaries, achievements to date
- Needs statement/Rationale: include socio-political context, relevant data/statistics, rationale for project, desired outcomes and project impact
- Project goals and clearly defined, measurable objectives
- Work plan: target group(s), methods, activities or tasks to be undertaken, timeline, a brief description of key staff persons, project management.
* If the project is being implemented in cooperation with other organizations, please describe background of partnership, roles of partners, and project and budget management.
- Evaluation: indicators and measurements of success, outputs, evaluation methods and personnel.
- Project budget in shekels: please include project expenses, projected income and amount you are requesting from the Heinrich Boell Stiftung.
*Please indicate on a separate line, the amount of the overall approved organizational budget for the current year.
4. Deadlines: All proposals should be sent to email@example.com by August 31st 2012. Applicants will be notified by October 31st, 2012.
Applicants must be registered, non-profit organizations in Israel.
The Heinrich Boell Stiftung does not provide financial support for:
- Building or capital campaigns
- Individuals or scholarships
- Schools and youth programs
- Political parties